November 8, 2017
Harvest 20/20 Compassionate Ministries Director – Teresa Stecker
Harvest 20/20 Church Planting Director- Mike Collins
Harvest 20/20 Progress Report
- September 7, 2014 – October 12, 2014 – Harvest 20/20 Tour “Circle the Cities” Call to Prayer
- October 13 – 17, 2014 – DCPI Church Planting Training / 38 pastors certified via Dynamic Church Planting International / 5 pastors have been certified as trainers.
- October 26, 2014 – Friendship House Compassion Center commissioned at Council Bluffs First Church – Gail Behrens is directing this ministry.
- November 2014 – INFUSE New Church Start in Coralville, IA. Taylor and Stephanie Getting, church planters.
- November 2014 – Des Moines First Church partners with the Burundi Congregation. Burundi services began January 4, 2015.
- February 2015 – New Hispanic Congregation begins meeting at DSM Highland Park.
- March 2015 – New African Congregation begins meeting at Waterloo church.
- March 2015 – Christian Care Center Church begins meeting: Parent congregation – Britt church
- March 1, 2015 – “Souper Wednesday” Cedar Falls begins a Wednesday night compassionate ministry helping to provide food for the hungry.
- April 2015 – New Hispanic Congregation begins meeting at Ames church
- April 2015 – SHIFT Church. Shift Church is designed for shift workers in LeMars, Iowa. This church was launched on Easter Sunday 2015.
- May 2015 – DCPI Church Planting Training – CPE (Church Planting Essentials) and CPC (Churches Planting Churches), 12 pastors and laymen from Iowa participated in this training event.
- May 2015 – United in Christ becomes a registered PAC church (Parent church – Iowa City)
- July 2015 – Iowa District’s 103rd Assembly was a celebration of what God is already doing across the Iowa District. Eight new churches that have been started in the 2014-2015 church year and 2 compassionate ministry centers were celebrated and the district was invited to JOIN THE HARVEST!
- September 9, 2015 – Chinese Community Fellowship Registered as a PAC church in Iowa!
- September 12, 2015 – the second annual Compassionate Ministry Day took place in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area, nearly 150 participants completed 10 projects and reached countless lives!
- United in Christ – Compassionate Ministry began in the fall of 2015 including food distribution and soccer ministry for youth.
- Fall 2015 – Zone Harvest 20/20 Celebration Services take place across the district on Sunday evenings during the fall of 2015
- October 2015 – The Hispanic work is re-started at Cedar Rapids First Church
- January 2016 – Waterloo and Cedar Falls churches team up for DCPI training (Churches Planting Churches), 27 laypeople completed this training.
- January 2016 – La Iglesia del Nazareno Renuevo registered as a PAC church in Washington, Iowa.
- March 29-31 2016 – Iowa District DCPI New Church Dynamics (Growing New Churches), 21 pastors and laypeople from across Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and North Dakota.
- June 2016. Des Moines Burundi and Cedar Rapids First Hispanic churches officially “registered” as PAC churches!
- June 2016. Compassionate Ministry Grants approved: Clarion Church of the Nazarene opens its doors to provide transient housing. Infuse Iowa City will host 3 annual compassionate ministry events.
- September 10, 2016 – the third annual Compassion Ministry Day took place in west-central Iowa, more than 75 Iowa Nazarenes worked together Sharing Hope and Changing Lives through Compassion.
- Fall 2016 – Zone Harvest 20/20 Celebration Services took place across the district on Sunday evenings between August and November. Our District Superintendent shared a message titled “Where’s the Church”
- October 2016 – Ft. Madison Living Hope begins the district’s newest compassionate ministry work. Celebrate Recovery – will meet each week on Fridays at 7 PM.
- December 2016 – District Hispanic Ministries Coordinator, Shane Wilson reported that a brand new Hispanic mission work in the area of Columbus Junction has been started by Pastor Miguel Angel Pineda.
- February 2017 – Waterloo Crossroads Community Church is hosting ESL classes and officially became the 7th Compassionate Ministry Center for the Harvest 2020 vision!
- March 15, 2017 – Infuse Church Solon Church of the Nazarene was officially registered as a PAC Church!
- March 21-23, 2017 – 9 more pastors attended the Churches Planting Churches (CPC) training, 5 pastors attended the New Church Dynamics training. God is still speaking to hearts of leaders across Iowa!
- July 13, 2017 – The Harvest was Celebrated at District Assembly. The newest CTM (Church Type Mission) church that was recognized at District Assembly was the ministry to young people in Havelock, Iowa. Leading this effort is retired pastor, Rev. Paul Hoyt. We were reminded that no town is to small, no person is too old, and lack of finances does not have to be a barrier to doing something to point people to Jesus!
- October 21, 2017 – The first Compassionate Ministry Training Day took place. Various workshops were provided to help equip churches that are involved currently with compassionate ministries as well as churches that are considering starting compassionate ministry in their local area.